International ICT Awards Philippines: Changes in 2014
In parallel with the ICT industry in the Philippines, The International ICT Awards Philippines has grown in stature over the past decade. It has become an eagerly awaited annual gala event that is seen as recognizing the very best in the dynamic and fast growing ICT sector in the country. In recognizing and publicizing the very best in the industry, The International ICT Awards Philippines has inspired and promoted the further development and growth of the Philippines’ ICT industry as a world leader. Benefits have accrued to the industry, the Philippines and to Filipinos. But we must move forward with the times.
This year, in response to suggestions from various major stakeholders and past participants, CanCham and IBPAP have upgraded the scope and procedures for The 8th International ICT Awards Philippines event in keeping with a maturing industry and evolving best practices in international industry competitions in the private sector. In summary, the main new features in the 2014 upgrade are:
- To recognize the thriving domestic and diversifying industry in the Philippines, adding two new award categories:
– Best Filipino-owned Company of the Year
– Best Company of the Year Outside NCR (replacing the “Best New IT-BPO Locator of the Year”)
- To recognize the growing significance of non-voice services, focusing the existing Best Emerging Services Award category exclusively on non-voice services
- To enhance the value of awards in highlighting just the very best, limiting the number of finalists in each category to a maximum of five, with a Runner-Up as well as Winner to be declared
- To acknowledge the public interest in transparency in competitive events, publicizing a clear, explicit and weighted set of the criteria for assessing nominees for each award category used
- To ensure integrity in judging procedure, publicizing the guidelines used in the selection of the Judging Panel as well as the basic procedures to be followed by the Judging Panel and for appeals
- To support the trend to a paperless electronic business for cost-efficiency and environmental reasons, setting a mandatory requirement for all-electronic inputs for nominations and all supporting information
With this upgrade we are confident we can and will ensure the fundamental objective for holding The International ICT Awards Philippines remains assured:
- To recognize the very best in the ICT industry in the Philippines
Like all Filipinos, CanCham and IBPAP, as well as our major sponsors, are very much aware and saddened about the devastation that the recent earthquake and typhoon have wrought on the Visayas including to business, cities and municipalities and, above all, to people and families. We who work and live in other unaffected areas cannot remain unmoved. Given this tragedy, the governing boards of CanCham and IBPAP have agreed to donate a significant portion of net proceeds realized from The 8th International ICT Awards Philippines to assist affected ICT industry in the Visayas to get back into business and generate employment and livelihood income for the people of the Philippines.
President, Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
1,459 total views, 1 views today