2018 Industry-Academe ICT Forum supported by DepEd and CHED
The CDO ICT Business Council, in partnership with Wela School Systems and the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) organized an Industry-Academe ICT Forum last June 1, 2018 from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM at the DICT Skills Training and Internship Center, T.Chavez-Tiano Sts., Cagayan de Oro City.
The said forum was attended mostly by DepEd schools offering ICT-related tracks, HEIs Academic Heads, Parent-Teacher Associations, IT-BPM industries, as well as supporting stakeholders such as DICT, NTC and other partners.
* Understanding the IT-BPM Industry of Cagayan de Oro
* The Significance of K-12 Senior High in the ICT industry and its Immersion Program
* Involving Parents into the bigger picture (since mostly parents play a huge role in their children’s college course choice)
* Women in IT
* Wela School Systems: A Step Towards Digitalization in Education
* Updates from the IT-BPM industry
* Evaluation and Assessment of the 2017 OJT programs
The forum generally aimed to:
(1) provide venue for the ICT industry to promote its expertise and capability, as well as present the trends related to the global demand;
(2) provide venue to discuss and address the needs of industries in terms of graduates, trainees, extension and other related matters;
(3) establish collaboration and linkages between industry and academe; and
(4) share updates on both K-12 ICT-related courses and college IT-related curriculum
4,528 total views, 1 views today