Downloadable Files About CDO and its ICT Situation (uploaded May 2016)
Overview of the ICT Council
The Cagayan de Oro ICT Business Council is the recognized and official ICT organization in Cagayan de Oro, duly accredited as a social organization by the Cagayan de Oro City Government.
The organization is a private organization with a membership comprised of BPO Stakeholders, Academe, Locators, Computer Hardware Vendors. We have as our partners the Cagayan de Oro Chamber of Commerce and Government Agencies who support the goals and objectives of the organization
Our primary goals are to advocate the use of ICT as a tool for business and education, and promote Cagayan de Oro City as an ICT destination for business to add more jobs for Kagay-anons and increase employment.
The organization Started in 2005 as a cluster developed by the Department of Trade and Industry and then spearheaded the promotion of the Cagayan de Oro BPO and ICT industry.
In 2006, the organization became one of the founding members of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP) and has been active in the national level in terms of participating in various meetings, conferences and activities.
Today, The CDO ICT Business Council is composed of several companies and partners who all have the same vision of promoting its IT-BPM industry and in helping increase employment for the young graduates and professionals in the city.
A recognized and credible leader to nurture the thriving CDO ICT community.
a) To support the members of the ICT Council in enhancing the growth of their organizations.
b) To support the LGU in bringing CDO to the Next Wave Cities List.
– Promote foreign and local investments
– Connect business, education and government
– Share information and best practices
– Encourage and support ICT startups
– Create a strong and vibrant ICT organization
– Partner with organizations and groups of the same direction and interest
– Partner with both the national DOST-ICTO (now DICT) and the FOO-Mindanao Cluster 2 with all its programs
– Create ICT events that boost industry promotion and give value to the entire ICT community
– Co-organize and support activities that advocate and promote entrepreneurship through ICT
– Support the activities of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines and all its endeavors
– Give value to all members of the ICT community to stimulate growth and development
President: Stephanie Caragos (Syntactics)
Secretary: Gus Rodano (RedLemon Digital Media)
Treasurer: Alexander Paras (Arriba Telecontact)
Auditor: Daisy Tiu (Dataworld Computer Center)
PRO-Academe: Christine Redondo-Sevilla (Capitol University)
Executive Director: Jonathan Arvin Adolfo